MONDAY 10TH DECEMBER 2007
We met PPKP Nizam who is in-charge of Kawalan Mutu Makanan. We were briefed regarding the various forms available, the procedure of collecting food samples and transporting it to Butterworth, and also procedures regarding the closure of food premises.
Later, PPKP Mazran explained to us about KPAS, that is the abbreviation of Kesihatan Pekerja dan Alam Sekitar. He explained to us regarding the duties and programmes of KPAS.
Among the activities carried out are:
- surveillance of cases of injuries and skin diseases among factory workers
- investigation and management of needle stick injuries
- education of workers regarding safety equipments
- monitoring of the school environment
- monitoring the cleanliness and sanitation of the Pusat Latihan Khidmat Negara before and during the programme
- supporting ‘healthy setting’
- early detection of cardiovascular diseases among workers
- investigation of public complains such as complains of cleanliness of animal farms
Later at noon, one of our AIMST Community Medicine lecturer; Dr. Sawri Rajan met us in the District Health Office of Baling to discuss about the activities we are suppose to be carrying out during our posting here. He also discussed with us regarding the write-up of the log book of Community Medicine.
By Cheah Boon Eu, Source from aimstdho.blogspot.com